Sophomore year of college is an exciting time, as for most colleges (including Colorado State University) it is time to leave your dorm and find your first off-campus residence. A popular approach that fledgling freshmen take at the end of their first year is to look for a house on a small fenced property because, well — partying of course. While we understand the allure of looking for a party-pad, we have noticed in our time as off-campus rental property managers that this bold choice often leaves new sophomores in over their head as they do not foresee the responsibilities and costs associated with living in one of the areas older homes. Because of this, we, here at the Landmark Apartments offer our tenants with an affordable, cost-effective, Colorado State University off-campus housing option — that being our studio apartments in Fort Collins as well as our two bedroom and three bedroom apartments.
Below, we have provided a short list of tips that you, as a student, might find beneficial when looking for and moving into your first off-campus housing as a sophomore.
- Make sure that you know at least one roommate upon moving in. CSU off-campus apartments can sometimes pair you with others looking for housing. While this is a valuable resource, it is always good to live with one person that you already know, if at all possible.
- Get to know your neighbors. Getting to know your neighbors at your student apartments in Fort Collins can prove to be extremely beneficial. Not only will you meet new people, but you will have a better relationship with them if you ever need to complain about the noise.
- Be sure to pay rent on time. At first, it might be hard for you to remember to pay rent, as, unlike college dorms you have to pay monthly for your CSU off-campus housing. Late fees can add up fast, so be sure to clearly mark your calendar.
- Try to cook from home often. Eating out every day can be extremely expensive (especially if you live with us, as our Fort Collins apartments are surrounded by wonderful restaurants). Instead, try to eat out once a week, and eat from home the rest of the time.
- Communicate well with your roommates. The best way to ensure that there will be no issues with your roommates in your CSU off-campus housing is to communicate clearly and often. Often times altercations occur when as a result of poor communication.
The Landmark Apartments: Your Source Of CSU Off-Campus Housing
If you are an incoming freshman that simply wants to be ahead of the game, or an upperclassman in need of an apartment in Fort Collins, CO near CSU, we urge you to come to visit us at the Landmark Apartments — just a five-minute walk from campus. We hope that you come to visit us and see just how great our community is. If you are interested in coming to visit us be sure to schedule a tour with our front office. Additionally be sure to check out the floorplans and amenities that we offer.
Contact us today if you have any questions about our CSU off-campus housing.